REFLECTIVE MEDITATION UPON PREPARATION FOR THE REAPPEARANCE OF THE CHRIST
1. It is suggested that you do this meditation once every week, each Thursday, in the place of your usual meditation; endeavor to assume an attitude of aspiration, devotion, prayer and fixed intention (in this order), prior to following the outline. Esoteric students need the heart approach, as well as the mental approach, in order to make this meditation the powerful instrument which it can be.
2. Between Thursdays endeavor to carry out the results of the reflection expressed in this meditation. Lay practical plans and then review each week the planned activities when you sit down to this meditation, in the light of your expressed intention.
3. Make this meditation brief and dynamic. After doing it a few times, this should be easily possible; forget the various stages and be impelled by the sequence and the synthesis of the form.
After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
- As a member of the new group of world servers, what is my specific fixed intention at this moment of dedicated contact with my soul?
- Is my concentrated and expressed personality purpose in line with hierarchical intention as far as I am permitted to know it?
- Have I in my own personal daily life–earned the right (because of definite effort and not so much because of success) to stand with those servers Who are now undertaking the work of preparation?
This is the one time in the meditation where you think of yourself, and it is here because it is a method of personality, focused attention and aligns your personality upon the mental plane.
Having answered these three questions in the light of the soul, then say with emphasis: Forgetting the things which lie behind, I will strive towards my higher spiritual possibilities. I dedicate myself anew to the service of the coming One and will do all I can to prepare men's minds and hearts for that event. I have no other life intention.
- Visualize the world situation as best you can and in terms of your major world interest and with what knowledge of world affairs you may possess. See the mass of men everywhere glowing with a dim light and, here and there, points of brighter light where members of the new group of world servers and men of spiritual intention and of loving hearts are working for their fellowmen.
- Then visualize (through the creative imagination) the vivid light of the Hierarchy, streaming towards humanity and slowly merging with the light which is already in men. Then say the first stanza of the Great Invocation: From the point of Light within the Mind of God Let light stream forth into the minds of men. Let Light descend on Earth.
- Then ponder upon the reappearance of the Christ; realize that no matter by what name He may be called in the many world religions, He is still the same great Identity; reflect and speculate upon the possible results of His appearance. Then say the second stanza of the Invocation: From the point of Love within the Heart of God Let love stream forth into the hearts of men. May Christ return to Earth.
- Endeavour to concentrate your fixed intention to serve and to spread love in your surroundings and realize that finsoar as you can do these things you are attempting to blend your personal will with the divine Will. Then say stanza three of the Invocation. From the centre where the Will of God is known Let purpose guide the little wills of men–The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
- Consider practically what you can do in the coming week to further the preparations for the coming of the Christ.
Then sound the OM three times, dedicating the threefold personality to the work of preparation.
Offered by the Tibetan